Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lemons

Wow - what a great blogging community this is! I can't express how wonderful everyone has been by leaving wonderful comments here. So, you can imagine how touched I was to receive The Lemonade Award - twice!



From my understanding, this award is meant for people who are positive, show gratitude, and of course: make lemons out of lemonade!

The rules for this award are that you post the graphic for it, write a post that links back to the giver, and then pass it on to up to ten others. Leave a comment on the blogs that get the award, so they know what's happened.

First, I would like to thank Joyce at tallgrassworship (haha does this sound like a Grammy speech?) for passing along the award and for spreading the word about the fire with the other APLS.

Thanks to Ruth at Everydaywoman as well for also passing this award my way. I don't think I ever commented back to you but you should know (& Abbie too!) that by sharing the story of your family's barn burning you really helped me to see past this. We are so lucky that our animals are okay - I'm sure it was very hard on your husband to lose that bull.

Also, I am relieved to see that I haven't come across as whiny on here. It is such a weird, vulnerable feeling that comes after something like this and everyone's comments have made me feel at ease.

And now for the fun part! I am passing this award along to:

Julie over at A Celebration Of Our Journey. She is a caring, creative mother and wife who devotes much of her time to making life better for her son, who has been diagnosed with Autism. I can only imagine the challenges she faces day to day and applaud all her hard work!

Heather at Simple-Green-Frugal. I have followed her blog for awhile now. She has mentioned some problems with her health but I would have never suspected that from her upbeat, encouraging posts. She constantly supplies good advice for living a greener life and comes up with the best local recipes. I'm glad she's around to motivate all of us!

Sharon at Casaubon's Book. Sharon is a very busy author and mother so I won't be offended at all if she doesn't post this on her blog. However, she definitely deserves this award. She offers a tremendous amount of useful information and advice for dealing with the problems of today's world. Recently, she has faced up to some negative press and turned it in to an opportunity to blow them out of the water with more than one thrilling blog post. Way to go Sharon. :)

I hope everyone enjoys the award, it did brighten my day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thank you! Wow! That's a really sweet surprise! Thank you! :D

Everydaywoman said...

Thanks for your kind comments! So glad to hear this lifted your spirits. You are so deserving and this is a GREAT blogging community!

hmd said...

Thanks! You made my day :)